Furnace & Heating Maintenance
Trust the Pros at TLC for Reliable Furnace Maintenance
You depend on your home’s heating system to keep you warm and comfortable. And like any other appliance, your furnace needs routine care and maintenance to run efficiently. With TLC’s comprehensive tune-up and maintenance services, you can protect your system and maximize your investment. No matter the age, model or brand of the furnace, TLC is committed to delivering top-of-the-line maintenance—every time.
Why choose TLC:
- Licensed, honest technicians
- 32+ years of experience
- 100% make-it-right guarantee
We perform maintenance on all makes and models
Furnaces are a very common heating source in the Albuquerque & Rio Rancho areas. And when it comes to furnace maintenance and care — you can count on TLC for the expertise needed to service all furnace types, including:
- Gas Furnaces
- Electric Furnaces
- Wall/Floor Furnaces
- Propane Furnaces
Common furnace brands we service:
Why schedule annual furnace maintenance?
Annual maintenance helps extend the lifespan of your furnace, catch any potential safety risks and gives you peace of mind that your furnace is up to code and working properly.
If you’re hoping to avoid expensive furnace problems down the road or would like lower heating costs without sacrificing comfort, we recommend an annual inspection by an HVAC pro.
Furnace maintenance helps:
- Maintain manufacturer’s warranty -Most major furnace manufacturers can and will void a warranty if your furnace hasn’t been regularly maintained by a licensed professional.With regular maintenance, you can help keep your warranty intact.
- Reduce energy bills – A well-tuned furnace uses less energy and runs more efficiently. For example, a clean filter provides better airflow and helps keep your home at your desired temperature without working overtime (which can raise energy costs).
- Detect dangers – An unchecked furnace runs the risk of gas and carbon monoxide leaks and more.
- Keep you warm – Never get left out in the cold by knowing the condition of your furnace before winter begins.
HAVE AN OLD FURNACE? MAINTENANCE MIGHT NOT BE THE ANSWER
If your furnace is older than 15 years old, keep an eye out for warning signs that your furnace is starting to fail.
If you’re ready to install a new furnace or replace an existing one, you can trust our experts to help you find a system that meets your comfort needs and budget.
WHAT’S THE COST OF FURNACE MAINTENANCE?
- Low: $120
- Average: $300
- High: $ 1,000
At TLC, our one-time maintenance calls start at $120, but overall costs can vary. Additional costs may incur for 2+ units or if repairs are needed. Our techs will always provide upfront pricing before any repairs are performed.
Click here for more details on our furnace repairs.
What’s included in TLC’s one-time furnace maintenance:
As part of the annual inspection, TLC’s heating professionals perform the following maintenance:
- Inspect internal elements – We’ll check electrical wiring and components for excessive heat and any debris that may cause the furnace to malfunction.
- Inspect the heat exchanger – The heat exchanger is where the heat is generated. If it’s not working properly, your home won’t be able to reach the desired temperature.
- Test and inspect the capacitor – The capacitor controls the blower. If it’s not working properly, the furnace will not be able to reach the desired temperature.
- Inspect the burners – The technician will check the burners by opening the unit to ensure they are clean and firing properly. This should only be done by a trained professional.
- Inspect flame sensor – The flame sensor is a safety feature of gas furnaces. If dust and debris builds up on the flame sensor (which is common in our climate), the furnace won’t start and will repeatedly cycle on and off.
- Inspect and clean air filter – A clean filter is essential to maintaining comfortable temperatures in winter. Our technicians will inspect and clean the furnace filter prior to starting it up.
- Inspect ignition system – Unlike older furnaces which have a pilot light, newer furnaces have an ignition system that are responsible for automatically igniting the pilot. Our heating experts will ensure that the ignition system is operating properly.
OUR ONE-TIME FURNACE MAINTENANCE PROCESS IN 3 EASY STEPS
1) You Schedule Your Appointment
2) A TLC Technician Will Perform Maintenance
One of our techs will arrive at the scheduled time and perform maintenance on your furnace. Our pros are always respectful of your home and space — and will do their best to keep disruptions to a minimum. If a problem is found or repairs are needed, your tech will always give you upfront pricing — no gimmicks here.
3) We Make Sure You’re Comfortable
At TLC, we stand behind our work 100%. After performing your furnace maintenance, our techs will make sure you are completely satisfied. If you didn’t receive the best service possible, we want to know where we went wrong.
Furnace Maintenance Frequently Asked Questions
Furnace problems happen when you least expect it. You usually need to get it repaired or replaced quickly. Here are some of the most commonly asked questions our experts receive about furnace maintenance.
At TLC, we know that scheduling annual furnace maintenance isn’t always top-of-mind for the majority of our customers. That’s why we created the Preventative Maintenance Program. By joining our Preventative Maintenance Program, you’ll receive a complimentary call to schedule your visit before the busy season starts.
As a PMA member, you’ll also get:
- 4 maintenance visits a year
- 10% off any services or installations not covered by your PMA
- Early scheduling opportunities for spring and fall visits
- Reduction in unexpected emergency repairs
- Potential energy cost savings
Our preventive maintenance program offers you more than just expert service and tune-ups, it offers you peace of mind and comfort throughout the year. Learn more about Preventative Maintenance by TLC.