If you fill your glass from the tap, you may be drinking more than just water. In Albuquerque, there are a number of contaminants in tap water that you may not even know are there. With TLC Plumbing, you can get crisp, truly pure water in your home every time you are thirsty.
Albuquerque Water System
Albuquerque drinking water is obtained through aquifers, which are large underground caves that hold water. Water travels through our water systems and the ground to refill the basin. This means it can pick up minerals and chemicals along the way.
Water is treated to be potable and delivered to your home systematically to minimize pollutants in your water. But, compared to truly pure water, Albuquerque tap water still has a sizable number of contaminants.
What Can Get Into Water
The Safe Drinking Water Act requires tap water to meet certain criteria before it can be considered potable. These health guidelines allow tap water to have certain levels of a number of elements. The most common pollutants in tap water include:
- This is added to water to kill bacteria, parasites, and viruses. Trace amounts linger in tap water.
- Waterborne bacteria is the number one cause of stomach bugs. Even with chlorine treatments, water can still carry bacteria that can cause unpleasant effects.
- Drug By-Products. Studies have proven that trace amounts of pharmaceuticals are present in our drinking water.
- A very, very small amount of this poison is present in most tap water.
- This sedating chemical has trace amounts in Albuquerque’s water supply.
All of Albuquerque’s contaminant levels are under the legal limit, established by the Environmental Protection Agency. But, that doesn’t mean you have to drink them! TLC Plumbing is your local resource for water purification.
How to Rid Contaminants from Tap Water
Know that your water is clean and pure every time you take a sip with a water purification system for your home. Our experts can recommend and install a full range of drinking water systems, including:
- Carbon Drinking Water Systems
- Reverse Osmosis Systems
- Specialty Treatment Systems
Water purification systems are an investment in more than your home, they’re an investment in your health and peace of mind. Contact TLC Plumbing to learn more about our Kinetico water drinking systems!