Albuquerque Water Softener Repair Service
TLC’s expert technicians repair most major brands of water softeners, not just Kinetico water softeners. We service & repair systems for homes and businesses throughout Albuquerque.
For water softener repairs call 761-9644 or schedule online today!
24-Hour Water Softener Repair Service
Residents and business owners in Albuquerque, New Mexico rely on TLC Plumbing to provide water softener repair services. We provide fast, reliable repairs by technicians who believe in quality workmanship and getting the job done right the first time. TLC also provides emergency plumbing repair services, so contact us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week anytime you need service.
Get the high-quality water straight from the tap—contact TLC today! As local plumbers since 1987, we are exceptionally skilled and knowledgeable about New Mexico water conditions and how to improve them. Count on us to provide the best hard water treatment systems and repair in your home or business.
Kinetico Water Softener Maintenance
Your water softener leaves you with pure soft water throughout your home. But in order to keep that soft water flowing you need to remember to do the following easy maintenance:
Water softener maintenance tips
- Make sure to check your salt/potassium level frequently.
- Every household varies as to how quickly they go through salt or potassium.
- Don’t let brine tank run out of salt or potassium.
- If you run out of salt/potassium it can take a few days to get soft water again if hard water has filled the water heater tank.
Change your sediment or carbon filter
You either have a sediment or carbon filter attached to your water softener, depending on your water problems.
- Carbon filters – are typically used to remove chlorine from your water supply. Carbon filters should be changed every 3-6 months. Sometimes you’ll notice your water pressure drop, this is usually an indicator that its time to replace your carbon filter. Sometimes the filter will start to disintegrate as well. These filters can be purchased from TLC or any local home improvement store.
- Sediment Filters – There is no set time recommendation for changing your sediment filter. This varies based on how much water you use in your home and if your water supply is from a private well or municipal water supply. You may notice the core gets dark and discolored and that is usually a sign that it should be replaced.
Clean Your Brine Tank
- You should clean your brine tank every 6 months if you use potassium.
- If you use salt you should clean it every 1 to 2 years depending on how much salt you go through.
How To Change Your Sediment/Carbon Filter
How to clean your brine tank
How to change your Kinetico Reverse Osmosis Water Filters
Your Kinetico drinking water system will provide clean, great tasting water unlimitedly until the filter needs to be changed. Typically these filters last for 500 gallons. When the filter needs to be replaced you will not get any more water out of the faucet. This is when you know you need to change the filter.
Purchasing filters for your Kinetico Drinking Water System:
Filters are only available from TLC Plumbing
You can purchase filters at our Albuquerque office:
Monday – Friday 7am – 4pm
If you have questions about your filters please call: 761-5551 to speak with our Water Treatment Specialist or email us.