24-Hour Furnace Repair Experts – Albuquerque & Santa Fe
TLC’s experienced HVAC technicians are qualified to perform all types of repairs for your furnace. Whether you have a gas, electric or propane furnace, TLC’s experts are here for you. We repair all makes and models of commercial & residential furnaces. Our technicians receive regular continuing education to stay current with all the latest advancements in heating and cooling systems. TLC offers around the clock service, so we’re here for you day or night when you have a problem with your furnace.
Common Furnace Repairs and Troubleshooting
We see a lot of furnace repairs this time of year, and have compiled some things you should know when your furnace isn’t working properly. Here are some tips for you to check before calling a furnace repair expert.
This by far is the most common repair we get calls for. There are a few things you can check before reaching for the phone.
- Check the thermostat settings – The fan should be set to Auto; In the other modes the fan will run continuously. When the fan is set to Auto, your furnace will only blow warm air.
- Overheated Furnace – If you’ve checked your fan and you still have problems, your furnace may have overheated. Most commonly a dirty air filter will block airflow, causing your furnace to run longer to heat your home causing it to overheat. Change the air filter.
- Check your burners or your pilot – Newer furnaces have burners, not a single pilot like older furnaces. If you don’t see the burners lit or the pilot, it’s time to call a professional to evaluate. We do not recommend attempting to re-light it on your own.
Frequent cycling on & off may be caused by a few things.
- Check your filter – The first thing you need to do is change or clean your filter. A clogged and dirty filter can restrict air flow causing the furnace to cycle on and off.
- Mechanical problems – If you’ve changed your filter and are still experiencing problems its time to call an HVAC professional. Many times the burners or ignition controls can be malfunctioning, causing the furnace to cycle on and off which will require a professional to evaluate and repair.
- Furnace sized incorrectly – It is possible that your furnace is oversized for your home. An oversized furnace will short cycle or turn on and off frequently. This happens because too much heat is put into the house too quickly. If you suspect this problem talk to a professional HVAC technician about maintenance you can do to keep your furnace running properly.
f you have pilot problems or ignition problems you should call a professional HVAC technician to identify the problem and make the necessary repairs. It’s always a good idea to err on the side of caution when dealing with a gas furnace and call a professional for assistance.
This sound could signal you may have some ignition problems. Call a professional to evaluate your furnace.
Loud noises can be caused by a blower problem, mechanical problem, or even airflow reductions from a clogged filter. The best thing to do is to change your air filter. If you continue to have problems call a professional to evaluate.
When to call a furnace expert
If you’ve attempted these troubleshooting tips but continue to have problems with your furnace, it’s time to call an HVAC professional to come evaluate your furnace. Furnaces may pose combustion or gas-related safety hazards, so it’s always best to have an expert examine your furnace and suggest the best course for repair or replacement.
Whether you have a gas, propane or electric furnace, TLC has the knowledge and experience to get your heater fixed and running in no time. For over 25 years, we have provided trusted service for New Mexico home and business owners in Albuquerque, Rio Rancho, Corrales, Bernalillo, Placitas, Belen, Los Lunas, Santa Fe, Socorro, and the East Mountains.